Join us for the experience of a lifetime, and spend 6 days on the Larapinta Cultural experience with a small group of likeminded women. Trek the Larapinta Trail and be immersed in the land and culture of Arrernte Country, staying at Angkerle Arrange. Each day we will trek the ancient lands and be taken into the stillness, tranquillity and beauty of Central Australia.
With a local guide from Larapinta Culture, the only Indigenous trekking and cultural awareness experience owned and operated by Aboriginal people in the Alice Springs region, guests will walk up to 15km per day, exploring the most spectacular landscapes of Central Australia’s West MacDonnell Ranges. Nights will be spent sleeping under the stars at exclusive, comfortable camp sites, with the final day of the experience spent relaxing and enjoying an authentic cultural experience.
The journey will be hosted by Jigsaw Travel’s Managing Director, Rachelle Matheson. Rachelle felt inspired to develop this small-group travel experience to enable like-minded women to connect and recharge in nature after the challenging 18 months we have all had. This will be a chance to take some time off, just for yourself, to embrace a new experience in the beautiful landscapes and culture our outback has to offer.
Our walk will cover three sections of the total 12 that make up the full 223km long Trail, crossing remote red desert, breathtaking mountain ranges and spectacular gorges, while learning what it means to walk on country and listen to country through cultural interactions.
Delivered from an authentic, insider’s perspective, this not-to-be missed adventure will offer an awe-inspiring and memorable experience of our country’s history, geology and culture.
Broad itinerary overview:
DAY ONE – 31 August – Arrive Alice Springs in the afternoon
DAY TWO – 01 September – Day of cultural interaction
DAY THREE – 02 September – up to 15 km walk
DAY FOUR – 03 September – up to 15 km walk
DAY FIVE – 04 September – up to 15 km walk
DAY SIX – 05 September – Departure
$2,750 per person.
*Airfares to Alice Springs are not included
Our Larapinta Trail Experience includes:
- Three days trekking the Larapinta Trail on the Aboriginal-owned Angkerle Arrange family station and camping under the stars in stunning, remote locations
- One day of planned cultural interaction
- Transfers to and from Alice Springs
- Local Larapinta Culture guide, support vehicle and camp manager
- Comfortable and exclusive camp with camp toilets
- Full linen, swags and tents
- Fully catered with breakfast, lunch and dinner, morning and afternoon tea, fruit and snacks on the track every day. (Please note there is no alcohol on the Larapinta Trail)
- All National Park and camping fees
- Custom Travel Journal
- Souvenir T-Shirt featuring artwork by our Larapinta Culture guide
You will need:
- First Aid Kit
- Your own day pack
- Personal Travel Insurance including repatriation. Proof of insurance will be required prior to final documents being sent.
What to expect:
- A deep connection to the richness of country and culture
- An eye opening journey of relaxation and inspiration on ancient lands
- Cultural interactions with traditional owners and traditional homelands
- Spectacular scenery across remote, varying landscapes
- New connections and friendships with likeminded women
Sample a taste of the Larapinta Trails Experience here – https://youtu.be/AIOjjItrWw4
To secure your place on this incredible journey, reach out via email on firstname.lastname@example.org and don’t miss out.
Jigsaw Travel will be donating $75 from each Larapinta Trail Experience booking to Charity Bounce in support of their mission to inspire positive change through the development of sports, the arts, health, education and enjoyment-focused social programs. Through their programs, they focus on helping Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, and culturally diverse communities overcome disadvantage. You can read more about their important work here: https://www.charitybounce.org/
Photo credit: Daniel Linnet
A non-refundable AUD$600 deposit is payable within 7 days of making your booking, with the remaining non-refundable balance due 45 days prior to departure
In the event of state border closures due to COVID-19, the Larapinta Trail Experience will be rescheduled to 2022. As payments are non-refundable, if you would like to cancel we will attempt to re-sell your place on the Experience. If this is achieved, you will receive a refund, however this is not guaranteed.
Please refer to our full Terms & Conditions for other booking conditions
Health & Fitness
We will be walking a maximum of 15km per day for three days so a moderate level of health and physical fitness is required to ensure an enjoyable experience.
You will need to be comfortable carrying your day pack over sometimes unstable and rocky trails.